Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Pirates, voting and food poisoning

American elections get me all stressed. I can’t ever remember feeling that way about Canadian elections, and to be honest, I’m not even sure if there’s been a British election since I’ve been here. Maybe, but I honestly have no idea.

That’s not to say that I don’t care about politics. Because I do. And I’m certainly not short of opinions. But, in Canadian politics, there’s not really ever a “bad guy”. Sure, there are parties I feel are less desirable and there are certainly parties that have done damage to Canada. But I can’t think of anyone who, in four short years, has proven himself to be scarily inept and assy. And I have a real fear about the blindness of the American voting public. Stress!

I was looking at the CNN website, but I can’t check it too often. It freaks me out a little. I don’t like being this stressed about something I have absolutely no control over.

Enter the Daily Show’s election blog. Apparently, according to their no doubt scientific information, 9% of people voting for Bush will be 17th century pirates. Awesome.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I spent the day at home today (food poisoning, long story, kind of boring), so that gave me lots of time to stress about the election. You know, the one I have absolutely no control over.

Stupid elections.

And stupid time zones. I may have to get up at 5am to check the results. Or, you know, I could sleep like a normal person. I haven't made my defcision yet.

No comments: