Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Welcome ..... to the world of Tron

Tired of the post-election stress?

Well, Kobrinsky sent me the best link ever today. And, as I'm ever so fond of y'all, I decided to share it with you.

This man is awesome.

If you're normally too lazy to click on links, trust me. This one is worth it. You'll especially want to scroll down to the bottom to hear his "lessons learned".

Tron always makes me think of Wendy and our trip to California in the summer of '93.

We went to Disneyland, and naturally tried to go on as many rides as possible. Our favourite was a somewhat unconventional choice.

The PeopleMover. Now, tragically, the PeopleMover closed for good in 1995, but thanks to the magic of the internet, you can still experience the wonder of it here.

The best bit was when you drove ever so slowly into this darkened room with lasers everywhere, and then a voice dramatically announced "Welcome .... to the world of Tron!".

I can't even truly express how fabulously horrible it was. We went on it like eight times, and took photos of ourselves on it. Good times, good times.

No comments: