Monday, December 12, 2005

Sick on a School Day

I'm using up my holiday before the end of the year, so I took off Friday and today. Which would all be very delightful if I hadn't spent the last two days in bed feeling wretched.

How unfair is it to be sick on a day off?

I've had a sore throat for a few days, but really thought I wasn't going to get properly sick. I was out dancing on Saturday night until about 4:30 am, and when I woke up on Sunday at 9:30 I thought I was feeling miserable due to the dreaded hangover/not-enough-sleep combination.

But no.

I'm headachy and exhausted and stuffed up and achy and coughing and feeling very blah.

So, I've spent the last two days in bed. Sleeping tons and watching bad TV and reading the Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe books (I'm currently on The Silver Chair). Feeling miserable and taking lots of medication. Ahhhh, Lemsip. How I love you.

But you know what the most unfair bit is? Not that I didn't get my Christmas shopping done today. Not that I missed out on lunch with Leanne. Not that I'm actually watching the horrible Space Cadets. Not that I didn't get a chance to buy some new clothes, which I'd planned to do today. Not that I'm almost out of Kleenex.

It's that I'm feeling a bit better. Which probably means I'm going to be okay to go to work tomorrow.

Sick on a day off. What are the odds? One in a million.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, get well soon. And hey< I'm re-reading the Narnia Chronicles as well! Coincidence or mass-marketing hysteria? I think we both know the answer to that one.