Sunday, January 01, 2006

Secret Shame

I have a secret. It's pretty scandalous, and I hope it won't make you think less of me.

There's this movie, see. Sure, I hated it so freaking much that I could hardly speak when I saw it in the theatre, and was so outraged at the overblown ridiculous story that it made me feel ill and I was nauseated that I'd paid actual money to see it in a theatre. Still, I can't help but watch it every single time it comes on TV.

I'm watching it right now.

And I love it.

Love. It.

It's Armageddon, and I won't be ashamed.

I love everything about it.

I love Bruce Willis as the tough go-to guy. I love Billy Bob Thorton as the tough but caring NASA guy. I love Liv Tyler as the spunky daughter/love interest who's sending her dad and her boyfriend to save the world. Hell, I even love Ben Freakin' Affleck as the jackass who's in love with Liv Tyler and repeatedly gets himself in trouble because he's a bit of an ass.

And I LOVE the team of drillers. Steve Buscemi, Owen Wilson, Will Patton, Michael Clarke Duncan. They're a delight.

I love the preparation for going into space. Hilarious!

Sure, it all falls apart when they get into space. But I'm cool with that.

I still love it.

And, I won't be ashamed.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Hi Alice,

Yes, I like that movie too!

And if you like that you might like the Core, and Space Cowboys too. They are a little a like in that vastly different people who sometimes can't get along, are gathered together to take on a impossible project to save the world. And not everybody makes it.

Shh, this is my secret pleasure. I always get a rush when I see these movies, and maybe that's your adiction too?

Later Janice~

Anonymous said...

I refuse to believe anything with Bruce in it can be unwatchable. Horrifically bad, yes, but never unwatchable.

Anonymous said...

Well, you should be ashamed! ASHAMED! Go watch Deep Impact instead. All the end-of-the-world coolness with none of that Bruckheimer crap.

Brad