Tuesday, September 05, 2006

This just in: I am a dork

Long ago, I accepted my dorkiness. I understand that I get unreasonably excited about things that so-called "normal" people have virtually no interest in. These things include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Spreadsheets and databases
  • Organization of most kinds ...
  • ... Especially alphabetizing
  • Trivia of all kinds ...
  • ... Especially film and TV
  • Several TV shows that safely fall into the "geek" category
  • Pub quizzes
  • Steve Guttenberg films
  • The collection of the above films
  • Board games
  • Bullet pointed lists

I mean, come on. I have more than one blog. That should sum it all up right there.

So it should be of absolutely no surprise to anyone that I am very excited about my newest project: replacing all my videos with DVD's.

Seriously I am excited about this beyond all reason. This is largely space motivated. The shelves that I bought for my living room are full. Each of the little shelves can fit either six videos or eleven DVD's.

People, it's just about the math.

So, naturally, I went a bit crazy on the ebay and the play.com and bought a bunch of super cheap replacements. Luckily, it turns out that most of what I have on video is not worth very much money, so easily replaced.

The next step will clearly be to sell all the videos to some other suckers who have no problem living in the past. Videos. Can you even believe we still have those? They may as well be records run by a prehistoric bird on the Flintstones.

Of course, this will mean that I will have to hold on to my VCR for the sole use of the Steve Guttenberg Collection (which, by the way, has a special shelf all to itself.), because many of those bad boys are on video. But doesn't that just make the project more special?

Why, yes. Yes, I think it does.

No comments: