Monday, September 27, 2004

It feels like fall today...

It feels like fall today. It’s not cold, and the leaves are still in the trees, but as I walked toward the tube in the dark at 7:30pm, it definitely felt like autumn. It is the end of September, so I suppose that’s permissible. I don’t feel like I’m ready for it to be October yet, though. And, as you all know, the seasons operate according to my whims. Or at least they will once I get my weather control machine up and running. But that’s a story for another day.

So, anyway today is the first day of the year that feels like fall. This will be my third fall in England – my Londoniversary is coming up pretty soon. It’s hard to believe that I’ve been here for three years. I kind of feel like time is flying, and until I perfect my space/time continuum control machine, I’ve got very little control over that.

If you ever find that time is speeding out of control, it’s autumn when you don’t even feel like it should be the end of June yet, you’re still a bit hungover from your “one quick drink” with the girls on Sunday afternoon and you have yet to perfect your autumn/winter 2004 wardrobe, then what are you to do? It’s obvious - the most sensible thing to do in that situation would be to go home, change into your favourite old plaid flannel shirt that (you know, the one you bought about ten years ago at the height of the whole grunge thing and the one that's reached that perfect worn out point of softness) and a pair of pyjama bottoms, curl up in your fabulous chair and eat some soup and watch some television. And am I a sensible person? I am indeed. Well, most of the time I am indeed.

Let’s do a quick run down. Wonderfully worn plaid shirt and pyjama bottoms? Check. Delicious mushroom soup? Check. Downloaded episodes of Everwood, That ‘70s Show and Joey? Check. Fabulous chair? Check and check.

Excellent. I love it when a plan comes together

No comments: