Friday, January 07, 2005

Luggage 2: The Reckoning

I still don't have my bags.

It's now approximately 59 hours since I've seen my luggage. With all my toiletries, my cutest clothes, and my phone charger.

I called Lufthansa, for it was they who promised to find the bags, and they're still being traced. I'm somewhat alarmed that they haven't located them.

I wouldn't even mind if they were all "Oh, we sent them to Australia, you won't have them until they complete their world trip. Don't worry, at least they'll get a tan."

Then, at least, I'd know where they are. I went and spent £42 on toiletries after work today, since Apologetic Lady and Surly Man (the two people I spoke to today) promised me that I can get reimbursed for 100% of the cost of my toiletry needs. I still need to buy shampoo though. They didn't have the kind I liked at the Boots near my work. If it comes down to needing to buy some replacement clothes, they've said I can get 50% of the cost of that.

But let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Oh, and it's 2:34 in the morning, and I'm wide awake. Tired, but can't sleep. This jet lag is kicking my ass.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor poor Alice! It's been a week since you've last posted. Have your bags turned up? Did they have a tan or interesting travel anecdotes? Sounds like hell... I'm really feelin' for you!

— Brad