Thursday, March 31, 2005

To make up for the lack of posts....

It's a two price of one blog-tastic day!

(and I got the idea from Jessica .)

Book Reco-meme-dations:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

I'd have to say Pride & Prejudice. I love that book. I really do. And I think a life of worrying about my sister's boyfriend's nasty sisters and not much else would really suit me.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Who hasn't? Book-wise, there's always Mr. Darcy. I've never really liked any of the Pride & Prejudice films because they just haven't lived up to the Mr. Darcy in my head. I can't think of any other swoon worthy characters right now, but I know they exist. Oooh, I loved Mary-Ann's boyfriend Logan in the Babysitter's Club books when I was a kid. Does that count?

The last book you bought is?

The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde. Which I then realized I've already read. I hate it when that happens.

The last book you read?

I just re-read Shopaholic Abroad by Sophie Kinsella. It's like she can see into my soul. It really is. Should I tell you about the gorgeous dress I got for Clare's wedding?

What book are you currently reading?

Right now I'm re-reading (I'm in bit of a re-reading phase right now) Growing Up Twice by Rowan Coleman, but I'm finding that I'm skipping quite a few bits. It's not as good as it was the first time.

Five books you would take with you on a deserted island?

1. Love Story by Erich Segal. I've read that book about thirty times, and it's made me cry every. single. time. True story. I'd bring that for when the whole stuck on a deserted island thing was getting me down.

2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. I love, love, love this book. It's just amazing. I know it's a chick thing, but I firmly belive that everyone should read this book at least once. At LEAST once.

3. Microserfs by Douglas Coupland. I know it's dated, but I think it's my favourite of his books. And I'm quite the Douglas Coupland fan. He's Canadian, you know.

4. Tears of the Moon by Nora Roberts. It's light, it's fluffy, it's a romance novel. But I've read it a million times and I could read it a million more. Don't judge me.

5. The Oxford English Dictionary. If I've got some time to fill, I may as well improve my vocabulary.

Who are you going to pass this stick to?

I would say Bette O, as she has her newly delightful blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I bring Alice's Dark Place to a Desert Island?