Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Luckiest Time Of Them All

“You know, we're now at 17 days since you lasted posted on your blog. It’s like I don't even know who you are anymore.” - Anon.

In honour of the lameness of my non-posting, I’m going to share something very special with you all.

I have a lucky time.

Now, I know that a lot of people have a lucky number. Mine, for example, is 27. And that is why I know that 2004/2005 is going to be awesome, because I am now 27, so clearly it’s going to be my favourite year. But that is not my point today.

And people have a lucky colour, or a lucky rabbit’s foot or a lucky pet or a lucky sweater or lucky underwear or lucky parents or any number of lucky things.

Of course, to be fair, it’s not my lucky time alone. It’s a generally lucky time that all can share in.

It just makes good sense when you think about it. It seems obvious that a time with a double number in it is mildly lucky. For example, 9:22 is a lucky-ish number. What with its double 2’s.

2:22 (or 1:11 or 3:33 or 4:44 or 5:55) appears to be very lucky, until you take into account the idea of a 24 hour clock, which you would use if you were in the military or Europe. Then 2:22 becomes 14:22 or 02:22 (depending on time of day) and it’s not so lucky after all.

Similarly 22:22 seems lucky in 24 hour time, but when you convert it to standard North American time telling, it becomes a disappointing 10:22.

I’m sure you’re seeing where this is going.

The luckiest time of all?

11:11.

Doesn’t it look pretty? And, clearly, it’s very lucky. Otherwise, how would I suddenly look at the clock at 11:11 on many, many days? How would I just instinctively know that it’s lucky?

I don’t have any conclusive proof of why it’s lucky. I just know.

And, now that you’re aware of it’s mystic and awesome powers, I hope that you’ll know too.

Keep a look out for things that happen at 11:11. I’ll just bet they’re lucky.

No comments: