I was about to think horrible things about her and delete it, when the insiprational first lines caught my eye. And I was deeply touched. To me, this is friendship. And so I thought I would share it with you.
Are you tired of all those sissy "friendship" poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that really speaks to true friendship:
1. When you are sad - I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
2. When you are blue - I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile - I will know you finally got laid.
4. When you are scared - I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried - I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining.
6. When you are confused - I will use little words.
7. When you are sick - Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.
This is my oath...I pledge it till the end. Why, you may ask? Because you are my friend. Send this to 10 of your closest friends, then get depressed because you can only think of nine.
Remember: A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel.
Have more beautiful and true words ever been written?