Friday, July 22, 2011

Mid-Year Resolution

I've set myself a mid-year resolution.

I know a lot of people go in for those new-fangled "New Years Resolutions", but I say those are for suckers.  It's right after Christmas, you're all exhausted from spending time with your family, fat from eating chocoalate for weeks on end, and hungover from weeks of binge holiday drinking.  Are you really in the right frame of mind to make any decisions about your life? I think not.

But mid-July! Now, that's a different story.  It's sunny (theoretically), it's warm (theoretically), you're full of the joys of summertime (theoretically).  Never mind that it's been raining for the last six weeks basically non-stop, and you're thinking about building an ark in your garden.  It's summer!  And that is the time when you should be making resolutions.

So, my resolution is this:  I am going to remember that I have a blog, and that I like writing on it.  And, every day for the next 30 days, I am going to write something and post it.

That's it.  Nothing fancy or earth shattering.  But I think it will be really good for me.  And good for you!  Because you'll get to read it!  Don't you feel lucky??

So, feel free to check back in.  I plan to be here.

No comments: