Sunday, July 24, 2011

Okay, Not Such A Great Start

Well, that didn't go so well, did it?

Only one day in to my big plan, and I forgot to post anything yesterday.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I remembered, but at such a time that I couldn't really do anything about it.  And then when I got home from my friend's leaving do, I was a bit drunk and tired, and completely forgot.

So, take two!

I'm currently debating whether or not to be productive today.  There are lots of things I could be doing.  Or, I could finish re-reading the fifth Harry Potter book.  I'm re-reading them all after seeing the final movie, to remind myself how much better the books are compared to the movies.  But that's always the case, isn't it?  I can't think of any film version I've seen that's actually been better than the movie version.

I actually try to avoid seeing films if I've read the book.  I saw that Will Smith movie, I Am Legend, and I spent the entire last third on pins and needles wondering when the big reveal was going to come that the woman and kid staying with him were actually zombies, in disguise and infiltrating his home to lure him out to be captured.  Because that's what happens in the book!  (Oh, sorry.  Spoiler alert for a 57 year old book!)

Only it never happened.  And the movie has a happy(ish) ending!  The book ending is way better.  Much, much, much darker.  Probably too dark for audiences of a Will Smith movie.  But way better.

I probably won't be productive today.  I have the whole week for that kind of nonsense.  And it's sunny.  So, today's version of productiveness will be to lie out in my sunny garden, and read the most whiny and annoying of all the Harry Potter books.

Seriously, could he be more of a whiny baby?  Or a more accurate representation of a fifteen year old?  Or could practically any given teenager be more of a whiny baby?

Man, I do not miss being fifteen.

No comments: