Friday, September 10, 2004

Evil!

So, you know when you hang out with someone, and you think they're good fun and then later on you find out that they're evil?

Oh, you all know exactly what I'm talking about. Admit it.

I wrote a post a few days ago about how I get songs in my head all the time, and I'm really easily influenced. Reading a song title is usually enough to get a song in my head. So, what do I find in the comments?

Funny that you'd ask.

Evil is what I find. Pure evil.

In the form of a comment from Andy. (My comments on his comments are in italics)

Ten songs you never want in your head. Because they are evil.

1) Zippity Doo Dah Not as bad as some other
Disney songs I can think of. But evil.

2) La Bamba (Los Lobos) Damn. I know all the
words to this. Damn you, Mr. Hermann and your very popular tactic of
singing Top 40 songs in grade 4 music!

3) I've Got a Brand New Combine Harvester (the Wurzels) Thankfully, I don't know this one.
4) Love in an Elevator (Aerosmith) Tragically, I do
know this one. Damn you Aerosmith!

5) The Lonely Goatherd (Sound of Music) Heh.
I prefer the duet with the Nazi. You know the one.

6) Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep (Middle of the Road) Phew. Another one I don't know. Unless it's one of
those annoying songs that I wouldn't know the name of and is irritatingly
catchy. But I don't recognize the name, so it can't get
stuck.

7) Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (Nat King Cole) Really? I'd have to disagree with this one. Not all
that annoying.

8) Anything by Anastacia Actually, if you look in a
thesaurus, you'll find that Anastacia and Annoying are
synonyms.

9) Anything by Meat Loaf Oooh, it's a battle!
Will "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" or "I Would Do Anything For Love (But I
Won't Do That)" be the ultimate victor?

10) It's Raining Men (the Weather Girls) Now, this
tragic. The version I think of is Geri Haliwell's. It's like when I
hear the start of "Under Pressure" and I think it's "Ice Ice Baby".
Tragic.


The songs are evil? Or is it more likely that he's evil for even writing them down, knowing that it's so easy to get songs stuck in my head? I thought so. Eeeeevil, I tell you.

Oh, it's cold and lonely in the deep of night, I can see paradise by the dashboard light.

Well, I guess we have a winner. Thanks, Andy. Thanks.

No comments: