Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Just a couple of things...

Things have been crazy stressful at work, and I've been a bit on the ill side. And those would be the reasons that I haven't posted lately.

Since I feel like we're losing touch. (How are you? No, really. We must catch up.), I thought I'd update you on the things that have been on my mind lately.
  • This is the cutest freaking thing I've ever seen. I want to have a pet penguin. Can they live in a studio flat? If not, I'll have to settle for seeing the film.
  • I am finding it very hard to find the perfect pair of summer footwear. I want a flip flop that isn't plastic, doesn't have a lot of crap on the top of the foot area, and doesn't cost a fortune. Too much to ask? Apparently. If I have to go a differnt route, then I might have to go with these, or maybe these. Adorable, no?
  • I am confused by vitamins. I know I should take them, because I don't always eat as well as I should, but it's so complicated. Is a multi-vitamin enough? Should I add calcium? And vitamin C? And E? What else?
  • And why do British people say VIT-amin, rather than VI-tamin? What's up with that?
  • Being ill sucks. Especially when you feel too guilty to take time off work, even when you know you should because it'll be the best in the long run. So, instead of recovering at home, you're totally unproductive at work. Good times.
  • Back on the shoe front, how cute are these? Oooh, and these! Man, I need a massive pay rise so I can go shoe shopping.
  • I cannot wait for a new series of Sweet Valley High books. I would so buy those books. The drama of a gated southern California community plus the wacky and unpredictable antics of the Wakefield twins? I'm in!
  • I love broadband. I really love it. It's a delight. I've downloaded (not that I download things illegally, cause I totally don't, I don't know what you're talking about, hey look at that bird over there!) about seven hundred songs in the past few days. The internet is a magical place. And Canadian music rocks.
  • I've been a teensy bit homesick lately. I don't know what's up with that. I guess it's because for the first time in my entire life, my entire family is living in the same city. I should visit. Stupid expensive flights to Canada and lack of money. What a pain in the ass.

And that's what's been on my mind lately. How's things with you.

No comments: