Yet another fun meme via Gwen. (updated 29 June with missing song titles added)
Step 1: Put your iPod/MP3 player or iTunes on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post it on your blog and let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Update the list with the song title when someone guesses correctly. (I will identify any unguessed songs by next week some time.)
Step 5: Make your guesses by leaving a comment or sending me email. You have to identify both title and artist, and you're not allowed to Google any of these, either.1. Hello, hello, hello, is there anybody in there? [Buffy: "Comfortably Numb" by Scissor Sisters]
2. Raise a little hell , raise a little hell, raise a little hell! (Man, these are tough, eh?) [Heather: "Raise A Little Hell" by Trooper]
3. It's been one week since you looked at me. [Aaron: "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies]
4. Four o'clock in the morning, my mind's filled with a thousand thoughts of you. [Le Chat: "Last Thing On My Mind" by Ronan Keating and LeAnn Rimes]
5. A lovestruck Romeo sings a streets a serenade [Kobrinsky: "Romeo & Juliet" by Dire Straits]
6. It's pretty good, the wine, the way that we look ["Used To Be Alright" by I Mother Earth]
7. I didn't hear you leave, I wonder how am I still here ["Here With Me" by Dido]
8. Come to my window [Aaron: "Come To My Window" by Melissa Ethridge]
9. Hey now, where you going with that load of nothing in your hand [Jocelyne: "Going Down To Liverpool" by The Bangles]
10. Touch me, how can it be, believe me [Lady Librarian: "The Sun Always Shines On TV" by Aha]
11. Drove downtown in the rain [Aaron: "Brian Wilson" by Barenaked Ladies]
12. She calls me from the cold ["Shimmer" by Fuel]
13. Hello, I saw you, I know you, I knew you [Stinkydog: "Pop Song 89" by REM]
14. Once upon a time, not so long ago, Tommy used to work on the docks [Aaron: "Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi]
15. I took my love and I took it down [Gwen: "Landslide" by Dixie Chicks]
16. As he sat down upon the train, silence settled in his brain [Le Chat: "Runaway Train" by Blue Rodeo]
17. Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you [Aaron: "Wonderwall" by Oasis]
18. We've got stars directing our fate [Buffy: "Millenium" by Robbie Williams]
19. Little ditty about Jack and Diane [Gwen: "Jack and Diane" by John Cougar Mellencamp]
20. Now there's a backseat lover that's always under cover [Sarah: "Walk This Way" by Run-DMC]
I'm a little embarassed by some of that, but I'm going to power through the shame. And it's amusing how many of them are SO FREAKING EASY!