Sunday, September 18, 2005

I can't believe I almost missed it again!

You'll probably recall how disappointed I was to miss last year's fabulous Talk Like A Pirate Day.

And to think! I almost missed it again!

Here it is, noon on a Sunday, and I'm watching the always entertaining Hollyoaks omnibus and I get a text message from Buni. What does it say?

"Just thought you would be thrilled to know that today is officially Talk Like A
Pirate Day."


I'd completely forgotten!

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY!


I hope that you all enjoy it. Do you think that the ticket person at the cinema will be confused when I ask for my ticket to Pride and Prejudice in pirate talk?


"Arrrrrr, me beauty. I'd like a ticket for yonder Pride and Prejudice, and get it smartly! Arrrrrrr."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

so this pirate walks into a bar and says to the bartender:

aargh! give me a shot o' rum.

bartender pours him a shot and then notices that the pirate has a steering wheel in his trousers.

bartender says:

what's with the steering wheel?

pirate says:

aargh, it's driving me nuts!

Anonymous said...

Dude! Name-check! I am so proud...